Ranking for Local SEO in 2022
If you want to win at local search engine optimization (SEO), but you don’t want to depend on content marketing, you can do that! There are other techniques you can use to succeed. For instance, you could switch your focus towards usability and building a community.
Try these strategies to attain high local rankings in the search engines:
1. Consider building a community. Perhaps you’re good at bringing people together. You could create a forum or build your social media presence devoted to your prospective customers’ needs. As this community grows, you can send your audience towards your offers.
2. Use a brandable domain. If you go back a few years, everyone was trying to build their websites on domain names that exactly matched their keywords. This worked for a while, ranking these websites near the top of the search engines with minimal effort.
Nowadays, things have changed, and brandable domains are the way to go. When creating a brand, you create a unique presence for your business, essential when ranking locally.
3. Build an intuitive, responsive website. Even with the free web-builder software available today, many local businesses have poor websites. Sometimes it’s best to pay for an expert to create a professional website – especially if you want to outrank these poorer websites.
A responsive website is essential to ensure that the website works on all devices. These days, most web traffic comes from mobile devices, so you must make your website mobile-friendly in addition to desktops.
4. Use on-page SEO. It is essential to optimize your website to rank. Ensure that each page on your website is optimized with a title, heading tags, and properly labeled images. Choose keywords that are appropriate for your website.
Forget about ranking globally, but instead, look at adding local place names. For example, “restaurants in Chicago” instead of “restaurants.”
5. Speed up your website loading time. Website loading time is a ranking factor that many website owners fail to address. If your website is slow to load, users will click off it quickly. This high bounce rate will hurt your SEO efforts.
6. Verify your business with Google My Business. If you want your business to appear on Google Maps, you’ll need to verify it with Google My Business. Once you’ve done this, your business will have a greater chance of appearing on the map on the first-page search results.
7. Build local citations. Citations are when your business name, address, and phone number are listed on the web. These citations help boost your visibility on Google Maps and the local search results. The more of these your website has, the better your website should perform.
Be consistent with the wording across all your listings. If you are not consistent, it may harm your overall visibility.
8. Earn reviews from customers. Encourage your customers to publish reviews of your products or services. These reviews help build trust in the search engines, plus you will also be building trust in the general public.
If you aim to succeed at local SEO, you won’t need to focus too much on content marketing.
When you focus on these local SEO techniques, you can beat those competitors who invest heavily in content; however, content is still King for SEO organic rankings. These tips will help you rank locally.
For more tips on SEO, PPC, and Business Strategies, contact Jennifer Martin to analyze your current market position.